Wednesday, April 4, 2007

FIRST POST: Introducing me.

Well I've finally decided to take the plunge and start a blog. I don't know who will come here or what you'd like to see. I'm just getting my feet wet so bear with me. Any suggestions and comments are encouraged and will be appreciated.

Let me first off introduce myself. I'm C.J. Black. Yes, it's a pseudonym. No I won't tell my real name...sorry. ;-) I am a fiction writer and have been since childhood. I've always had an immense love for books and the written word. I am a fantasy writer by trade however I decided to explore other areas. Erotic fiction is a genre I've always had an interest in but didn't decide to act on that interest until recently.

Now I'm delighted to announce that I saw my first erotic fiction sale to the Bettersex.com Amatory Fiction Anthology! I had entered their erotic fiction contest and although I didn't win, my story Rose Petals was chosen for the anthology.

So what do I plan on doing with this blog? Well besides shameless self-promotion, I plan on commenting and writing about the business of writing, giving updates on my current WIP (and there may be a contest to name the title of my WIP) hopefully giving some reasonably good advice if I can and perhaps interacting with other writers and readers of erotic fiction.

As stated above I am currently working on a full length erotic heroic fantasy novel. I'll provide details of how my journey to publication (hey, I can hope, right?) is going.

Realize that this blog will discuss the writing and reading of erotic and romantic fiction. I can't say right now how upfront I'll be here. However, I will say I'm NOT trying to offend anyone and perhaps if you're under the age of 18 you may want to hit the back button right now. As for flaming...I'd rather you didn't. If you find it necessary anything I deem truly inappropriate will be deleted. I will also delete posts from people complaining about how much they hate erotic fiction and blogs like this. Not fair? Perhaps, but I figure I'm upfront about what will be here and I've always thought it ridiculous to knowingly look at a site that has adult subject matter and then complain about how much you hated reading it. Merely don't view the site and/or blog.

That's it for now. I'm going to be tweaking this blog for the next few days to give it more of a personal touch. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: