Sunday, March 20, 2011

More Musing....

Something important I forgot to mention about yesterday.  Which I can't believe, where was my mind?

When I went to B & N yesterday, I realized it was the first time I had set foot in a bookstore in years, let alone purchased a paperback book.  Okay, jaws off the floor please.  It had much to do with the "serious writing defeat" I've mentioned in the past and happened years ago.  I just didn't feel like being in a place where other authors had their work displayed and mine wasn't included.  Even harder to read their works.

But before I sat and had my green tea drink and indulged in some writing myself, I perused the shelves.

I first wanted to see what was popular in young adult.  There's also a reason for that for another project I'm considering but that's way down the road.  Next, I hit the romance and fantasy shelves.  I saw a lot of familiar favorites, some series I had started but had stopped but perhaps I'll pick up where I left off.  For yesterday, I purchased Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier.  I'm looking forward to reading it and finishing some reading I began but drifted away from.

But for now, as previously stated, I have a few projects I'm working on and I'm looking for some other places where I can spend some time, do some writing and have some good coffee.  I think I'll stop by Border's today and maybe see what's on their shelves.

In other news, I recently signed up for Amazon's Author's Central.  Now there's another thing I haven't been on in awhile and in fact left a few years ago and very seldom if ever, purchased anything there.  But this service was mentioned by one of my publishers and I thought, "Why not?  I'll give them another shot."  Pretty much all of my works are there with the exception of Fire and Fate which I'm hoping will change soon.  So stop by and have a look if you want.   Any one else on Author Central?

Spend the day , relaxing.  It's Sunday.  Peace!

CJ

No comments: