Saturday, September 17, 2011

Musings 12 - There Be Books Here!

Ahh…another good soup and sandwich meal at the Barnes and Noble.  And I was starting to feel not having eaten so I’m glad I stopped.  It was a little pricey but delicious.  The only problem is the only table available is by a fire door near the stairs and people keep rushing past behind me.  Someone is going to get tripped up the next time I jump out of my chair.
My thoughts, if you’re deliberately going to be unprofessional and totally clueless at your job, give it up and let someone have it that really needs it, like that single mom or retired vet .  Sheesh, sometimes I’m amazed at how miserable or lazy people can be at their jobs.  How do they get them in the first place?
Perused the shelves at B&N of course and it’s pretty much the same old, same old.  However I did see two books that caught my eye that I’m probably going to grab on the way out, Shadow Kin by M.J. Scott and Coronets and Steel by Sherwood Smith.  Will recommend stopping by Ms. Scott’s site as it is very nice.
I still of course hope for the day when my and the books of my fellow erotic authors can be on the shelves.  I mean if you have to place our work in locked glass cases and require proof that your of age, go ahead and do it but at least give us a shot.
I’m not going to harp on that though.  Just have to patiently wait I suppose.
Yet another idea has stolen its way into my brain.  I’m trying to finish everything that I have on my plate right now but at least I’ll have plenty to do on my vacation, which will be a glorius fourteen days including weekends.  No I’m not going anywhere but I will be celebrating an – almost monumental birthday age.  Right now, I’m deep into Crave the Dark, Memory in Shadow and am waiting to hear about the proposal I sent for Souls Inflamed.  I’m  never sure how long I should wait before sending a follow-up e-mail without coming off as pushy.
I’m going to spend the rest of my evening writing.  It is quite dreary and cold outside today.  Autumn is finally making itself known.  I’ve been wearing my favorite hoodie all day but before I go I think I’ll grab a latte to warm up.
See you online everyone.  Oh, BTW feel free to post your own Musings here as well.
P
eace
CJ



No comments: