Friday, November 11, 2011

News and Muse – Veterans Day 11/11/11


Like I always say, every year on this day, take a moment at least to both thank and remember the brave men and women who protect our country and freedoms.  I’m still fairly certain that if my grandfather were here and knew I wrote erotica, he’d be like. “What the hell?”  I mentioned him a little while ago, letting everyone know he was a veteran of both Korea and WWII and always very old school.

I’m into the final stretch of Souls Inflamed and as with all my work, I enjoyed the ride but am always a little sad when it ends.  I want to finish Crave The Dark as my wonderful publisher Sedonia Guillone of Ai Press has been waiting patiently for it and I appreciate it.

Things have been going well with my writing for the past few months.  As many of you know, I’ve gotten some excellent reviews for some of my newest releases.  Hell I even got a 4.5 Star Review for a book that isn’t currently on the virtual shelves so to speak, which of course, made me giddy.

If you’ll recall my fantasy erotic short story Paint became unavailable some time ago.  The plan is now to re-publish it on Kindle in the near future but apparently it was out long enough for it to be picked up by the wonderful reviewers at Night Owl Reviews.  Because of the  4.5 it became a NOR Top Pick.  Woo-Hoo!  I’m being a little low key about it right now because I want to get it up on Amazon so my equally wonderful readers can enjoy it.  So bear with me, I’ll keep you updated!

Passions Due is now listed as Number 6 of the Top 10 Bestsellers at the Ravenous Romance site!  KA-CHOW!

But you know, I have one regret.  Yes I know I shouldn’t have any but I do.  I just wish all this had happened twenty years ago.  I’ve been writing for a very long time and it’s been a long and arduous journey.  There was my writing defeat which dealt a major blow where I almost gave it up.  I had a few sales but nowhere near what’s going on now.  But realize back then there was no internet, no e-books, no Nooks or Kindles.  No Facebook or Twitter.  Hell there were even no home computers!  No being able to submit via e-mail.  When I first started out you had to hand type your manuscript and send it in via snail mail, then wait for several months, sometimes up to a year for a response.  Okay, pick your jaws off the floor.

I just think I would have gone a lot farther back then if I had everything we have now.  Although I do appreciate everything, all the technology and conveniences.  Now I have to just do the writing.  Since its going to be a cold weekend I’ll do just that.  Why not hang out with me and get some work done as well?  As always you can tell me your word count and see how far we both get.


Peace!

CJ

No comments: