Saturday, May 25, 2013

AUTHOR INTERVIEW ~ RACHEL SPARKS



And now I would like to welcome author Rachel Sparks to Black Satin!  My next guest in my series of interviews.  Thanks for your time, Rachel!




1. Who is Rachel Sparks?

A romance suspense mystery author from S.C. with 2 degrees, one in Social Work and another in Early Childhood Education; I have a 21 year old son and a daughter in law and a tabby cat named Little Hoss.

2. When did you first start writing and why?

I started writing when I was little. I always had stories running around in my head. Still do.

3. Are there any particular writers who inspire you?

Amanda Quick.

4. Why your current genre/style?

Romance suspense mystery…today…historical and sci-fi.

5. Do you do your own cover art?

Yes and my daughter in law has being doing some.

6. Can you describe a typical day of creative work?

I handwrite everything then go back and type it up. I also have pad and pens throughout the house just in case I a scene or idea hits.

7. Someone approaches you and asks you, what do you write? How do you respond?

I write stories that I hope will help people that are going through something and my book helps them. Also they will enjoy a little mystery and romance in it.

8. Why self-publishing?

Indie authors kept the rights to their work and get to say what goes in their books. I’m a proud Indie author.

9. What are some of your other interests?

Collecting things that I love such as DVDs, pictures of my favorite shows. My tabby cat Little Hoss.

10. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

Just how amazing it is to watch my characters and stories come to life. How each time I publish a book I’m just excited as when I publish the first book.

11. What do you think makes a good story?

Stories involving strong female characters, current social issues, a sprinkling of romance and powerful storylines.

12. Do you have any quirky or unusual stories concerning your work?

My relatives usually give me problems about the subjects I write about. Or words I use in my books.

13. Just for fun -- they’re making your book into a movie. Who do you imagine would play your characters?

Not sure but I do know who I would like to produce and direct my books into movies…Tyler Perry because he is a writer and he knows what is important to a writer.

14. And speaking of movies, what’s your writing soundtrack? Or do you write in complete silence?

I write with DVD’s going in the background.

15. What is the best and/or worst writing advice you’ve ever received?

Best would be keep writing and publishing books because it only takes one book to make it big.

16. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

A writer puts their soul into their work.

17. Tell us about your current and future projects. What is on the horizon?

Two books: Role Play Killer
Familiar Stranger…sci fi/romance

******

Thank you again Rachel for taking the time to visit us here today!  Here are some places where you can find Rachel:



No comments: