And now, I'd like to present author Cherrie Mack as our newest guest here at Black Satin. And as a special treat, Cherrie's newest work, My Sister's Shoes, will be released tomorrow June 24th!
Thanks for stopping by Cherrie!
1. Who is Cherrie Mack?
A stressed out wife and moody mom who loves to write romance.
2. When did you first start writing and why?
I started in the summer of 2011. I was one of those people who’d say, “I want to write a novel someday.” When I moved to Florida, I kept running into writers, some who wrote a book and some in the process. I figured the universe was giving me a push and so I did it.
3. Although you now live in Florida on your about the author page you state: Cherrie Mack grew up in Flushing Queens NY, the youngest of six children. The city’s diversity gave her a great appreciation for many different cultures and lifestyles…” Could you provide some examples?
Living in a neighborhood harboring many different nationalities and religions, you learn early on that not everyone is the same. For a young, unbiased mind, I think it has helped me appreciate all cultures. As an adult it has given me a love and understanding of those differences.
4. Can you describe a typical day of creative work?
My typical day is inundated with interruption but, on those rare occasions when the flow is right, I can write non-stop for hours at a time. My only requirement is a pot of coffee with my favorite creamer and some very comfortable yoga pants.
5. Someone approaches you and asks you, what do you write? How do you respond?
I proudly say, “I am a romance author.”
6. How do you handle the question, “Why don’t you write something serious?”
I’ve never been asked that before but, if I was asked that question, I’d like to think I’d respond by saying, “There is enough serious in my life. I write what I enjoy.”
7. How do you feel about the current state of mainstream publishing?
I am thankful to e-book publishing. I don’t know if I would have taken the steps needed to approach a career in mainstream publishing. There are a bevy of wonderful small presses with professional and talented writers, editors, cover artists etc. I’m lucky to have made the cut. However, with so many digital books out there, it is becoming even more difficult to get noticed.
10. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books/art?
The most surprising thing I’ve learned is, I have one hell of an imagination. All these years I’ve had a multitude of people living in my head and as I continue to write, more and more come forward introducing themselves. Honestly? I can’t get enough.
11. What do you think makes a good story?
For me, there are so many elements in the making of a good story. The characters should be memorable, the story interesting, the obstacles intriguing and the chemistry….hot, hot, hot. I believe a reader might not always identify what exactly is amiss, but they sure can tell if something doesn’t flow.
12. Are you an introverted or extroverted writer?
I’m definitely an extroverted writer who yearns to be an introverted one.
13. Just for fun -- they’re making your book into a movie. Who do you imagine would play your characters?
I usually post my picks for my characters on my pinterest boards. For, Follow That Dress I would choose Christian Bale to play Robert Salinger and Mila Kunis to play Crystal Manfried.
14. And speaking of movies, what’s your writing soundtrack? Or do you write in complete silence?
It depends on the story and scene I am writing. I listen to everything from Broadway tunes to Led Zepplin to Donna Summer. When the mood strikes, I let the music lead.
15. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Keep in mind that it is a woman who usually creates and writes the hero you find in the pages of a romance book.
Unfortunately, not every story has a Happily Ever After.
Be safe with your encounters.
Love like there’s no tomorrow.
16. Tell us about your current and future projects. What is on the horizon?
I have a paranormal series, Witches Of The Bayou, in the works.
Book two in my Off The Rack series, Georgie’s Dress.
Book two in my Circle Of Six Series, Chained to Desire.
And soon to be released by Liquid Silver Books, My Sister’s Shoes, book one in my Little Black Box series.
Thanks again for visiting Black Satin. Have a fabulous week! Check out Cherrie's new book trailer for Her Sister's Shoes!
You Tube: http://youtu.be/pUfNN4IVj1k
Other places you can find Cherrie: