Sunday, July 21, 2013

AUTHOR INTERVIEW ~ RHONDA L. PRINT



 And now, please help me welcome Rhonda L. Print to Black Satin for an exclusive interview.  Thanks Rhonda, for taking the time to speak with us today!


 1.  Who is Rhonda L. Print?

It all depends on who you ask! LOL First and foremost, I’m a wife who has been married to her best friend for over twenty years and the extremely proud mother of three amazing kids! As long as I don’t screw that up – the rest is gravy! But here’s my official Bio:

Rhonda L. Print, the Author of several published paranormal romance novels, has 20 years of experience as a romance reader.  Her work includes the five star reviewed novel Nightwalker, A Leah Wolfe SINS Novel, The Order of Chaos, Justified and Guardian .  Her latest release, PHOENIX is available at www.LSBooks.com, www.Amazon.com and many other retailers, along with all of her novels.

Born and raised in the Midwest, she relocated to the desert southwest and lives her husband who is the love of her life and best friend, and their three children.

She loves to hear from her readers. You can leave a comment and read free titillating portion  of all of her published books by clicking on the cover picture at www.RhondaLPrint.com  Her books are available for purchase at www.LSBooks.com

2. When did you first start writing and why?

I guess I’ve always been toying with one story or another but I got serious about it when my youngest was in school all day. I had always wanted to try and write a complete novel, and NIGHTWALKER: A LEAH WOLFE SINS NOVEL was born.

  1. Are there any particular writers who inspire you?
Erma Bombeck. She always made me laugh even when I wanted to cry!

  1. Why your current genre/style?
Mystery/Paranormal Romance/ Murder/Romance

  1. Who is Leah Wolfe?
Leah Wolfe is a young woman who starts the series with exceptional skills that even she doesn’t know the extent of. She has been described by The Romance Reviews as a kick-ass heroine.

  1. Is there some of your personality in her?
I’ve had friends and family tell me that some of the things she says and does are definitely something you’d hear or see from me but I didn’t really base her or any of my book characters off of any one person. I guess they’re more of a hodge-podge of people I know or have seen and real life circumstances mixed with a healthy imagination!

  1. Can you describe a typical day of creative work?
I’m afraid I don’t really know what typical is. LOL The key to writing anything is “butt in seat – hands on keyboard.”

  1. How do you handle the question, “Why don’t you write something serious?”
I’ve never really been asked that before but – really – isn’t life serious enough? I want my readers to be able to escape into the world that I’ve created and escaped to myself. Writing is the ultimate control freaks world. It’s the one place that everyone has to do what I say. *big evil grin* Not that they always do! *grr*

9. How do you feel about the current state of mainstream publishing?
E-book publishing?

I don’t think that e-books will ever completely take over printed books. I know many people who prefer the page turning paper over the button pushing electronic format. With that said, e-books have many advantages over paper. Instant access being my favorite one.
 
10. What bothers you most about some of the published works you’ve seen?  What are some of the best examples you’ve seen?

I can’t really say that anything has bothered me. I mean, we’ve all read books that weren’t exactly our taste or genre but that doesn’t mean they’re not well-written. Just we’ve all tried on shoes that didn’t quite fit.

11. What are some of your other interests?


Spending time with my family and friends, travel, when I can and of course, reading.

12. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books/art?

Everything! I started writing just to see if I could. Then once I had, I wanted to see if I could get it published. It all just kind of took off from there.

13.  What do you think makes a good story?

Characters that you can invest in and relate to. I hope that my books can put my readers in the environment that I’ve created for them.

14.  What are some of the promotional methods you use? What works or doesn’t?

I hope it all works to some extent. I have a website, I do blog hops and tours, facebook, twitter and belong to many fine book sites. I’ve promoted with book marks, business cards, as a guest on blogs and soon will be a guest on an internet radio show. Check out www.RhondaLPrint.com for updates!

15. Are you an introverted or extroverted writer?

I’m usually inside my own head when I write or even when a story grabs me when I’m doing other things.

16.  Do you feel writers get a fair portrayal in other mediums such as TV shows and movies?

I’m not sure what “fair” is but with millions of viewers watching one particular television show or movie; of course that will get the lion’s share of publicity.

17.  Do you have any quirky or unusual stories concerning your work?

I don’t think any author wouldn’t! It’s a quirky business!
 
18.  Just for fun -- they’re bringing your works to the big screen. Who do you imagine would play your characters?

Okay, glad you asked! I’ve really only put serious thought into one person. Tom Hiddleston ( He played Loki in Thor and Avengers) for Ian Nightwalker. His ability to be a likeable bad guy had me hooked!

19.  And speaking of movies, what’s your writing soundtrack? Or do you write in complete silence?

I write in silence but I sometimes create with music. Ideas will blossom many times while I’m listening to music. Evanescence – Bring Me to Life has always been my Nightwalker: A Leah Wolfe SINS Novel song.

20.  What is the best and/or worst writing advice you’ve ever received?

Best – Write what you know. Worst – A publisher at the Tucson Festival of Books (I had just presented him with my brand new Nightwalker manuscript. He never even looked at) told me that I’d never get a paranormal romance published. I went back to the festival the following year as a published author! As a writer, you WILL get criticized and rejected. Use constructive criticism to polish your work. Never give up – you just have to find the right publisher for your work.

21.  If you could meet three writers/artists (alive or dead), who would they be? Why those choices and what would you say to them?

Erma Bombeck – Thank you for making me laugh and inspiring me to start a new career after the kids were no longer babies.
I don’t know who the others would be. I enjoy so many authors. I’d love to know their secrets to success. Laurell K. Hamilton, Nora Roberts and Stephanie Meyers have both had their books turned into movies, I’d love to know how they went about that!

22.  Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
 
I am humbled each time another book sells. Thank you and I hope you’ll stop by my webpage, www.RhondaLPrint.com and leave me a comment. I really do enjoy hearing from readers.

23.  Tell us about your current and future projects. What is on the horizon? (Feel free to provide links, banners, cover art and photos).

I’m currently working on SHADOWWALKER, the fifth book in the SINS Novel Series. I also have an untitled romance novel nearly completed. I can be found at many great places for readers as well as social media. The best place to start is my webpage, www.RhondaLPrint.com

I’ll be giving away a free ecopy of NIGHTWALKER: A LEAH WOLFE SINS NOVEL one reader who stops by my webpage and leaves a comment today. Winner chosen at random.

Thank you for having me here today and Happy Reading!

******

And thanks again to you for visiting Black Satin today!  It's greatly appreciated!

Peace ~

CJ

2 comments:

Rhonda L. Print said...

Thanks for having me on today, CJ! I'll be giving away a copy of NIGHTWALKER to one random winner who leaves a comment on my web page, www.RhondaLPrint.com

kimbervale said...

Interesting interview, Rhonda! Best wishes for your latest release!